Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bitless Arena Time

12 miles east of us.
With all the fire concerns in the canyons and the hot, dry wind I decided this was good early morning arena time. I taught a lesson at 7 a.m. while Jetta munched from a hay net at the trailer. An hour later it was her turn. I adjusted Keno's Dr. Cook's bitless bridle to her much daintier-sized head and warmed her up. She worked really well in it! She was forward, responsive, and moved off my leg. We worked on all the same suppling exercises we've been doing. She bends, turns, steps under, lifts her inside shoulder. We even got a little shoulder-in and leg-yielding going. She backs much more readily also.

An hour later we were both getting hot and the wind was picking up. I checked Jetta's feet before loading her into the trailer. The Sole-Guard is still in place although it is starting to peel up on one hoof. Hmmmm. I know I'm whining here, but I just really want Easyboot Gloves to fit her! They are the easiest and the best and I've been spoiled by my success with them in the past. (See my June 14 post.)

I got the Hi-Tie System put on my trailer today! Yay! I am ready to camp with Jetta. Unfortunately the campground we were going to stay at Friday night has been evacuated and the canyon road is closed because of the fire. I hope and pray our canyon isn't burning! It has been a terrible week for the canyons east of us--homes, property, and at least one life lost. We need rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment